Monday, June 15, 2009

Waitaks Run










Instead of writing I thought I'd do a photo essay as I thought it would be quciker. Of Course Murphy's law came into effect and its probably taken longer than writing! Anyway here it is.
1) Setting Out
2) Near the top of mountain road. Downed some Leppin while I was taking the photo
3) Near the top of my run. A panorama sweeping from north to the city. Its hard to make out due to it being an average day. The stick on the right is the radio mast. The centre is the city and Rangitoto
4) A shot toward the city and Rangitoto, Radio tower on right
5) The radio tower and the highest point of my run
6/7) A lookout on Scenic Drive. This is looking roughly SW
8) Looking south over the Manakau Harbour. You can see one of the dams in the foreground
9) 180 Degrees from the spot where I took eight. Looking N. The strip of water you can see is the Waitemata Harbour
10) One of the magnificent Kauri Trees

This was a long run. I wanted to go out in the bush but it had been raining quite a bit so I thought it wouldn't be worth it. However I highly recommend any one going out there for a walk some time. There are some amazing views and the tracks are well looked after. The best place to go is to park at Cascade or Waitakere Dam car park and head for Upper Kauri Track.

No comments:

Post a Comment