Friday, May 22, 2009

Desperate for some O

As some of you might already know I'm working back from a couple of weeks off running due to my temperamental shins. I've started getting the o back in but it just hasn't been enough. 30 minutes a couple of times a week just isn't cutting it, so I've been trying to get the map into my other training.

Cycling on my road bike with a map is in the not safe basket, but aquajogging is perfect for it. The last few sessions in the pool have seen me taking some Italian maps with courses drawn on to the pool for some cross training. Trying to keep the mapbag out of the water sort of simulates the rough ground and means its not as easy to see the map if i was just sitting looking at it. Using it in the rest periods of intervals gives time pressure and adds the fatigue that goes with orienteering.

It is filling the gaps in my desire for some o as I taper real O back into the training.

1 comment:

  1. haha tom keeping the map out of the water would be tricky
    I have had a few aqua jogging sessions too after my first lesson at d-squad camp. Good for recovery days or those really horrible winter days. Maybe I'll try the map next time
    Angela(-:

    ReplyDelete